[Rhodes22-list] First sail on my Rhodes and leaks!

Mitch Mitchell mitchpadl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 07:45:18 EDT 2019

Well, I bought my Rhodes 22 (1990) about a year ago and finally got it out
for the first real sail yesterday. After reading Thomas's post I felt I had
been wimping out waiting for the perfect conditions! anyway, the original
forecast was 10 - 15 but of course it was a steady 20 with gusts higher.
The boat sailed great (mostly with just the mainsail) however upon
returning to the ramp and loading the boat back on the trailer I noticed
the carpet wet in the cabin and pulled it back and looked in the sump area
and it was full of water. After bailing about 10 gallons we took the boat
home and now need to figure out the problem. Hopefully someone can direct
me on how to troubleshoot. The boat was heeled over quite a bit for most of
the time so wondering if water could have been forced through the sink
drain and the other opening since I would imagine the hoses to those are
dry rotted on the inside. Thanks for any suggestions! Mitch