[Rhodes22-list] First sail on my Rhodes and leaks!

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:58:08 EDT 2019

Yes i said 21 +\- points of entry: but furthur counting reveals more:

8 portlights.
1 sliding hatch
1 starboard through hull
1 sink drain tube/bilge hose
1 hull to deck joint
1 companionway hatch
1 centerboard pennant through hull fitting
1 centerboard pennant upper seat through hull
1 centerboard pennant tube
1 cockpit drain through hull
1 transducer through hull
1 speedo through hull
2 cockpit drain tubes
2 seat through hulls
1 aft lazarette lid
1 bow ventilator
1 centerboard cap/gasket

 (0-3) Plus some boats have up to three cabin top hatches.
You can also add :
1 the mast electric cable fitting
1 the main cockpit drain hose.
Multiple grab rail bolts etc.
Which brings the total to something like 35+\- points of water entry.

Have fun detective! I had most of these leaking when i got my boat! Boy was that fun!

Bob (palatka)