[Rhodes22-list] Is the R22 noisy at anchor?

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:49:49 EDT 2020

Due to the virus lock down, I'm spending plenty of time making the new boat
my own. Re compounding and waxing, installing a boom vang (thanks greatly to
the forum for great ideas on how to accomplish that!), etc. The boat is now
in my driveway on the great dual axle Triad trailer with the mast up.  As I
walk around the boat and when the wind blows it seems there is a lot of
noise from the mast and maybe elsewhere.
The first night I spent on my past boat (a J/30) the noise of the wires
slapping in the mast drove me nuts and kept us both awake. So the next day I
pulled the masthead wires and attached 18" cable ties every couple of feet
or so and pulled the wires back up the mast.  Problem solved for the next 8
years.
Is the mast noisy at anchor on anyone else's boat?
How about center board noise?
We plan to spend time on the anchor or at a mooring - so if there are noise
problems and solutions that can be addressed in advance I would love to hear
- while I have the time to fix them.