[Rhodes22-list] IMF anchor light installation

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Apr 6 09:47:44 EDT 2020

Cory,

The top plate on my IMF mast is held on by a couple of screws.  I plan on taking the cover off my boat today or tomorrow, and I’ll try to take a picture of my top plate.

When I got my boat, it had wires running up the mast for a steaming light and the VHF antenna.  When I replaced one, I used the existing wire to pull the new wire through.  If you currently have no wires, I’m not sure what the best way to get started would be.  I doubt that you could just push a wire through, but I could be wrong, so it would be worth a try.  The only other thought that comes to mind would be a weight tied to a string started into the channel at the top of the mast, and then raise the mast and let gravity do the work.

My only other advise would be to run a wire with three conductors, so that you could potentially power both a steaming light and an anchor light.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)