[Rhodes22-list] IMF anchor light installation

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Mon Apr 6 17:00:07 EDT 2020

Cary, My top plate is fixed with 3 tap screws. I've had it off with no
problem. As far as an anchor light is concerned, I didn't want to go through
the hastle of feeding another cable down the mast. Mine has insulation
inside that keeps the existing wires from "clapping". I have a 3/16" flag
halyard running to the peak both fore and aft on the mast. I run a
traditional style battery powered lamp with LED bulb. When anchoring, I tie
off the halyard to the foredeck cleat. LED meets USCG 2 mile viz requirment.
Works great.

-----
Joe Dempsey
s/v Respite