[Rhodes22-list] CDI FF2 Upgrades

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:47:14 EDT 2020

Radiant (now) came with a CDI FF2 jib furler. The halyard was old  and I had
a very difficult time re-raising the 170 Genoa. My rigger Dave Thompson
suggested that over time the all plastic "halyard top cap" been cut into by
the halyard, creating almost a clam cleat. CDI has a newly designed top cap
with a sheave for $68.  A new halyard is $64. And a new "ball bearing"
bearing (BB2) for $138, which Dave strongly recommends.
Has anyone had experience with these upgrades or alternatives?