[Rhodes22-list] Is the R22 noisy at anchor?

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:57:19 EDT 2020

I bought a 1/2" grommet kit from the local hardware store for about 8 bucks
(the big box stores also have them) and used webbing I already had, being a
bit of a horder... You can by tie down straps and cut the buckles off. I
made (3) six inch straps with a grommet on each end. The straps were doubled
where the grommets were attached. I have a very good Harbor Freight hole
punch that I used in a circle to create the 1/2" hole for the grommets. The
3/8"x4" mast bolt was replaced by a 5" cut down a little to accommodate the
straps. The third strap will be used on either of the cabin top grab rails,
transferring the snap shackle from the mast base to the grab rail - to use
the vang as a preventer.
My 3 part vang which I had from a previous boat has snap shackles on each
end. The single block with a tang fits through the straps  at the base of
the mast - the other is two blocks which has a jam cleat - that attaches to
a bale ($30 with shipping from defender.com) on the boom.

-----
Jeff Smith
2009 R22 #101 RADIANT
Atlantic Highlands Municpal Harbor