[Rhodes22-list] Anchor stowage

Rod Ellner rodellner at mac.com
Mon Apr 13 15:04:44 EDT 2020

I removed the triangular tray rode locker and replaced it with a 3 gallon plastic bucket. I cut a piece of plywood and cut a hole in it so the bucket would fit in it. The rode belays better than the flat tray.
I also had a 22pound navy anchor in a basket, under the seat,(either side). That was my emergency anchor. With the anchor being that heavy I could throw it overboard and then walk the rode to the bow and cleat it off. The would set itself. I had a snap eye at the bow that I would snap over the rode. That would put the bow directly into the wind.
I hope this helps someone. Sold my boat last year.

Sent from my iPhone