[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer length

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Apr 14 12:45:06 EDT 2020

Brian,

My Lil Dude trailer is a tandem axle.  On my trailer, each axle is supported by separate leaf springs.  So, you should measure the length of your current leaf springs and then check if there is room on the trailer frame for another set of springs.  You will probably find the only way it is possible is if the existing springs are moved aft as far as possible.  Remember to leave sufficient space between the axles for tire clearance.  The further aft you locate the axles, the greater your tongue weight will be.  This will be good for high speed anti sway stability.  10-15% of total trailer + boat weight on the tongue is considered a good rule of thumb in order to have stability.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone