[Rhodes22-list] Rhode 22 Mast Bolt Dimensions

Jay Friedland jayf401 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:28:33 EDT 2020

Jeff, & list,
This whole assembly was purchased from Garhauer complete several years ago,
at less than the individual parts.

On Apr 23, 2020, at 10:18 AM, JeffSmith <jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com> wrote:

The boom vang I have has blocks similar to these from Garhauer:
⦁ Attached to the (2) 6" x 1.5" straps with 1/2"grommets at each end
<https://www.lowes.com/pd/Stanley-12-Pack-1-2-Grommet-Kit/3033681> , which
are attached to the 3/8-16 x 4.5 mast bolt is:
<
https://www.garhauermarine.com/fiddle-block-with-cam-cleat-and-shackle-25-05-us.html

⦁ Attached to the boom bale (I used different, but this is cheaper and
should work):  <https://www.garhauermarine.com/boom-bale-bb-2.html> which is
through bolted.
⦁ The top block is similar to:
<
https://www.garhauermarine.com/fiddle-block-with-cam-cleat-and-shackle-25-05-us.html

This block does not come with a snap shackle, but other manufacturers may.
Garhaur is very accommodating about modifying their equipment and will
probably add a snap shackle if requested.
I used 5/16" line for the 3:1 purchase, which (like the blocks) I had lying
around. Since the vang can only be used with the pop top down and can also
be used as a preventer by having a third double grommet-ed strap which wraps
around the cabin top hand rail - having the snap shackles on both ends is a
real convenience.
Many thanks to all the R22-ers on this forum from whom I have borrowed
heavily!

-----
Jeff Smith
2009 R22 #101 RADIANT