[Rhodes22-list] Spring Lines

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:08:15 EDT 2020

After I bought my boat last July, I had cleats installed midship. I had seen
a video on how midship spring lines were helpful with docking. Since I was
brand new to sailing and boating, I wanted anything which might make
learning to sail go more smoothly.

The type cleats I used and where I put them was a mistake. The sheets for
the 170 Genoa get hung up on them. I’m about to replace these standard type
cleats with retractable ones which hopefully will solve my problem.

George
S/V Knotty Lady

The first photo is the existing cleats which are causing problems and the
next photo is the retractable one I’m thinking of using

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t909/E0DF5FB6-1D4D-4A15-A04E-FC124148B8E4.jpeg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t909/464F5057-FC79-4C10-925A-381AEEAB9E56.jpeg>