[Rhodes22-list] Reconnecting the Tabernacle Screws Following Sacrificial Failure

luis.guzman.ve luis.guzman.ve at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 19:44:45 EDT 2020

What I have done in the past is pack the hole with wood sticks ( kind of like huge tooth picks ) saturated in wood glue, packed in there tight. After everything is dry, cut the sticks level with the surface, grind the top with a dremel so you have like a 1/8 of an inch deep hole. Fill with epoxy, and when the epoxy dries up, you can drill the holes for the screws. Use some silicone when setting the base screws to keep everything dry there.LuisS/V AquetxaliSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Jesse Shumaker <jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com> Date: 8/4/20  7:49 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Reconnecting the Tabernacle Screws Following
  Sacrificial Failure Chris, that would be great if you could take some photos along the way andlet us know how your project goes.  I'm going to be installing a halyardorganizer underneath the tabernacle this fall, so this discussion aboutmounting the screws is timely.  Your thinking and the advice from the groupon this topic has been very informative.  Good luck on your project!Jesse ShumakerS/V ZephyrOn Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Chris on LBI <cknell at vt.edu> wrote:> Hey!>> I forgot to ask one important question:>> What epoxy would the list recommend? I have Marine-Tex, but from what I> have> read, that is not going to be hard enough.>> Thanks,> Chris>>>>> -----> Long Beach Island> --> Sent from: http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/>