[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 For Sale - Kind of

Sean Allen seanallen1206 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 09:08:41 EDT 2020

It is with great sorrow that I post an offer to purchase a recently
recycled Rhodes 22 for sale.

A few weeks ago, I lowered the engine on the motorized mount and heard a
'crack'. I motored back to the marina and lifted the engine out, hearing
another 'crack' - never a good feeling.

Looking overboard I saw a hole about the size of a quarter in the transom.
After further investigation I believe that the motor got stuck in its
track, some slack in the winch was created, and then it dropped smacking
the transom in the same spot where the bolt holding the winch was mounted.
That force of the pull from the winch with the push from the outboard
popped the bolt and washer through the hull. Leaving me sorely disappointed
as I had enjoyed the season and my new Rhodes 22 thoroughly until then.

As painful as this is, I don't think I have the time to do the repair now
and that my season is done. I'll probably fix the fiberglass over the fall
and winter, however I thought there might be someone on the list who could
take advantage of an offer that I would, if I were in different
circumstances.

I would take $4,000 for the boat, trailer, and engine if anyone is
interested - but the sale would need to be in the next 30 days.

My price is firm, I think everyone on the list can appreciate the value of
a newer boat and that the damage is going to be a matter of finding the
time and some light elbow grease.I'm trying to be realistic about my
schedule which will prolong the repair.

*For Sale:*
1987 Rhodes 22' recycled in 2015 (with certificate for inspection for an
interested buyer), with 6hp Johnson seahorse.

Currently sitting on her trailer on the NJ shore (Barnegat Bay). She was on
the hard for the recent storm and there was no damage from that.

All the usual Rhodes goodies, including the traveler bar, winch and
motorized lift (which may need to be removed to fix the damage, or not; the
winch is in good shape i think), connection between rudder and outboard,
bimini top, furling main, furling 170 genoa, fully enclosed hear, cushions
in good shape, etc.

It was recycled 5 years ago so that probably answers a lot of questions
about what the boat has and what condition it is in, other than above and
below.

Other than the damage described above - I just noticed some other dings on
the front of the hull - including the bow eye - I think the marina was a
little rough pulling her in possibly. If anyone is interested I can take
photos of that and send them privately.

See attached some pictures