[Rhodes22-list] Maine Sailing Anyone?

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Sat Aug 8 20:41:57 EDT 2020

NOTE: I think this didn't go through the first time because I didn't smush
down the pictures.

We just got back from a week in Acadia National Park. We had two kayaks and
three bikes on the car, but no sailboat this time. We did charter a 36'
Pearson out of Bass Harbor for two hours (with a captain). I saw a bunch of
launch ramps while we were there but I can't speak to how steep they were
or how to handle car and trailer storage. I'll attach a few pictures of
interest. You can probably also see the ones I posted to Facebook, even if
you don't have an FB account.

If you're from one of the chosen states per Maine Governor Janet Mills then
you're all set. We are persona non grata since we live in Massachusetts.
Since we heard numerous reports of people getting $500 we figured out how
to get COVID tests 72 hours before heading to Maine. Then in Bar Harbor we
saw many people who apparently were not inclined to wear masks. Interesting
https://www.facebook.com/mark.w.whipple/media_set?set=a.10157914162474912&type=3
 times.

I have a related question about sailing in Maine don't want to hijack this
thread so I'll post a separate message. I am also interested to hear about
the logistics related to sailing an R22 in ME.

Mark
--
Boston, MA

2000 R22 *Luna Mia*