[Rhodes22-list] Tiller auto pilot

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Aug 10 17:26:41 EDT 2020

I have the same model tiller pilot. I can’t imaging sailing without it, or something similar (if there is anything similar).  In fact, I am so dependent on it that I have two.

I have twice sent units back to Raymarine for repair.  In both cases, the repair was covered under warranty.  I don’t know if it was each unit once, or one unit twice.

The PDF doc that Mike provided a link to is what I used for my installation, and it was very helpful.  This is a document that I specifically had in mind to add to the documents library of the new (in the works) website.

One point of difference, the document says that at the location where the pin cup was mounted, the fiberglass was thick.  On my boat it was thin.  I used a backer of 3/4" hardwood held in place by epoxy.  No 5200 on my boat!

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)