[Rhodes22-list] CB Pennant drain

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Thu Aug 13 10:58:34 EDT 2020

Jesse:
Once again it appears that every boat is a bit different but that said, I have done what you seem to be suggesting in order to get to the hose clamp. on I drilled a hole about 1.5" in the front panel and another under the lip. I then covered the holes with large plastic plugs. Even so it was a struggle to undo the tube from the thru hull.

If I were to do it again I would cut a much larger hole, perhaps 6", to  allow for easier access. I would then use a inspection plate (https://www.marineoutfitters.ca/index.cfm?category=10681|10682&product=56378931&code=900000001318) to cover the hole. The hole is also very handy if you need to fish wires and cables.

I can send a picture if that would help.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario