[Rhodes22-list] Trailer question

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Aug 24 17:05:57 EDT 2020

Dave,

I would think that a wooden surface is good for the guy who gets paid to paint the bottom. Doug Fir or whatever is used on the bunks is not that soft a wood. The carpet also protects the hull from a carriage bolt that works loose.

The sacrificial bottom paint doesn’t need any excuse to be "sacrificed."

I have always renewed the bunks with Indoor/Outdoor short nap carpet. Make sure that you use stainless staples.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)