[Rhodes22-list] furler questions

jfn302 at yahoo.com jfn302 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 22:26:57 EST 2020

Keith,

I haven't been able to find out where they are made, or how to replace it,
but I have considered how to replace it myself.

A sheet of HDPE is what I was planning on making it out of.
My planned order of operations was going to be to cut the sheet into a 2"
square.
Wrap it in masking tape so that I can make measurement marks.
Mark the center by drawing an X from diagonal corners.
Measure 1/2" from each side of center and make a mark.
Extend the measurements around the edges of the square.
Mark the center longwise on the edge so that that the line crosses the two
marks you made in the previous operation.
Drill through the square from edge to edge at the cross points made in the
previous two operations.  (drill press will make this easy, but careful use
of a hand drill will do the job.)  (use a 13/64" bit if you plan on using a
#10 bolt and nut to replace the screws you have.)
Lay the block flat and use a hole saw to drill out the circle shape.
Cut the circle in half with a bandsaw/jigsaw/coping saw/Japanese drawsaw.
Use a countersink in each of the holes so the head of the bolt and nut are
not exposed.

If the center hole in the disc is not the correct size, you can bolt the two
halves together and then use larger and larger drill bits until you get the
size center hole that you want.

I haven't quite built mine yet, but this was the plan on how to make the
parts when I got to that point.

Hope this helps.

James