[Rhodes22-list] furler questions

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 08:22:30 EST 2020

Keith,
This looks like the original "GB style" furler which uses a headsail with a
sleeve luff.

I have seen several different set-ups, bearings, spacers, risers etc. There
is no telling which are OEM and which are owner created. Some have the bead
swaged onto the stay and one I had had a 12" PVC spacer to raise the sail
above the bow pulpit some.
>From your pics, it appears that the lower spacer failed and the furler
assembly dropped down over the bead and onto the fitting.

I see you are in Maryland. I live in Brandywine (Charles County). I have a
couple of these type furlers laying out in the yard. If you want one for
spare or experimentation you're welcome to it.

Todd T.

tavares0947 at gmail.com