[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Sailer Sails Trailer

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Feb 20 16:14:13 EST 2020

Michael,
So you want to launch the boat and trailer strapped together as a unit and motor to your island home.  I must say, this is the first time this question has been asked.  I can think of a whole host of questions, but the basic physics comes down to does the trailer weight more that the buoyancy of the boat.  I really don't know.  Where's Roger when you need him?  If you decide to do this, please take plenty of pictures!  My gut feeling is this is not a good idea, but it's an interesting topic for discussion.  Besides, it's too cold to sail and we need something to talk about.  But one question comes to mind, does your ATV have enough ass to get your trailer and boat out of the water come winter? - rob