[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Sailer Sails Trailer

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri Feb 21 15:25:06 EST 2020

Have you considered the effects of extended deep submersion in salt water on the bearings, brakes, trailer hitch, master cylinder, tongue jack, leaf springs & attachment points, all the welds, lights, and wiring on your trailer?  Even if you immediately fresh water power washed everything upon arrival at your destination, I’m betting you will do more damage than the cost of transporting the boat and trailer.

How were you planning to hook the trailer hitch back up to a tow vehicle at your destination?

On the bright side, with all that weight under the hull, your boat will be VERY stable.  Weblos wobble, but they don’t fall down!  You will have to plug the cockpit drain as the boat will be sitting much lower in the water than the drain.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium