[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Fracture

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Feb 23 16:47:15 EST 2020

I am wondering what happened to create the crack. Might it be from water freezing inside the rudder? If so you would want to make sure the water is removed and the source found and sealed.
I would definitely use epoxy. Dig out the crack. Fill with thickened epoxy and cover with fiberglass. You will likely then need to fair the rudder to maintain the shape on both sides.
Graham

Graham Stewart
Agile 1976 Rhodes 22
Kingston Ontario