[Rhodes22-list] Part 7 Rhodes in the Med Greece

Richard Beytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 16:22:10 EST 2020

Hi Chris

I was on my to Split when the war broke out and we ended up leaving my boat
in Lefkada in 1993. I was independently working in the Middle East so every
summer we had 6-8 weeks off and we spent it with my young kids exploring
Ionia. Loved that area and kind of gunk-holed from Corfu in the North to
Kefalonia in the South for several years. We focussed on areas that the
kids loved so beaches and swimming were a priority. Spent a lot of time in
Paxos and Parga on the mainland. Loved Vliko Bay near Nidri, the island of
Meganissi and Fiskardo on the island of Kefalonia was a favourite. I can't
give you much info about the Peloponnesus as we always transitted from
Ionia to Aegean through the Corinth canal. If you have time, the Ionian is
worthwhile spending some time over. My boat was a Ted Hood designed
Gulfstar 40 and had a lifting centre-board so I was able to get into
anchorages that the charter boats couldn't get to.

Richard Beytagh
Phone: 828 337 0180