[Rhodes22-list] gasket for mounting solar vent

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 07:33:38 EST 2020

Hi Graham, I think the cleat on the inside of the foredeck would be to tie
off the bitter end of the anchor rode for safety if you were running the
rode through the 3" hole on the foredeck.  I suppose you could tie off again
on the bowcleat on top for the appropriate length if you weren't using all
the rode.  The only use I personally have for the cleat is to grab onto when
trying to shimmy into the forepeak to work on something.  I think the cleat
may have came installed from GB.

Regarding the pipe that I used as a spacer, see the first photo below for a
zoomed in view.  I ran some caulk overtop of it to seal it in place (in
addition to the pressure) so you can't actually see it underneath.  Also
below you can see a photo of a PVC coupling like I used.  I drew in green
around it roughly where I cut off the end to make a 3/8" deep pipe.  There
are also vertical green marks to show where I cut it into two pieces so I
could fit it around the wide lip of the fitting at the base of the fan.  I
tapped in both sides under the deck but on top of the bottom fan fitting so
the PVC pipe fits together again.  I'm probably still not doing a good job
of explaining this but hopefully this helps.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/SolarFanBottom.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/PVCpipe.jpg>