[Rhodes22-list] cabin wood treatment

Alexis Seigneurin alexis.seigneurin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 21:49:47 EST 2020

Hi Jesse,

That looks very nice!

I bought my boat about a year before you did, and I did something similar.
I used Varathane Spar Urethane. This is an oil-based varnish that is
UV-resistant. I used it on the table, cabin sole, and settee.

I was a bit worried about the cabin sole being slippery but it’s not. It
actually has a good grip.

I also had some delamination underneath the settee. I removed parts that
were too bad to be restored, used wood glue to glue other parts, and
varnished everything.

All in all, I am very happy with the result.

Attaching pics as well.

Alexis
[image: 1.jpg]
[image: 2.jpg]