[Rhodes22-list] Need some help fixing my stupidity

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Sat Jul 4 15:54:11 EDT 2020

I wanted to follow up on the motor lift, at least mine anyway.  I was able to remove the lift rail by removing 5 screws from the laz.  What was holding me up was the top one, which is way up at the top of the transom.  Getting to that screw was a real #$$%.  I had to get into the laz and reach up to get to the screw.  It took one of those 90 degree angled screw drivers to remove it.  But once I got all five screws out the and the rail separated from the rest of the lift parts, the rail just fell off the boat.  No adhesive holding it.  I'm glad I took that rail off as I can now see entire crack in the transom.  I've not yet decided whether to attempt repairs myself or to call in a pro, but at least now I can access the entire damaged area.  Photos attached. -  rob