[Rhodes22-list] Network Quad problems

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Jul 7 10:53:50 EDT 2020

Thanks to all for your help. I don't think the battery is the problem as it
is brand new and my battery monitor reads a steady 12.6 volts. I replaced it
this year because I found last year that if the voltage dropped below 10.5
volts the display turned off completely. The battery would quickly drain to
below what was required.

I assumed that if the display comes on the power would not be the issue but
poor connections are a real possibility. I will check out those and the
current reaching the display as suggested.

The unit was never actually grounded in the past and that didn't seem to
cause any difficulties. What do others do to "ground" their electronics?
Would a bronze thru hull fitting not be sufficient?

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario