[Rhodes22-list] The Website and The List

Tom Van Heule tom.vanheule at intrinsicprograms.com
Wed Jul 8 17:09:32 EDT 2020

Its great Peter, Feeling welcome already.

We are in 53058 and will be inland (dry sailing i think, trying to locate a
slip/moore/etc in the middle of summer.....) with Lake Michigan for
weekend/week cruises.
I happened upon the R22 from a suggestion my Aunt made on our boat hunt
(she ran a sailing beach in Chicago for ... 30+ years) she said, oh look at
the CAL 20, look at the Rainbow17?, look at the Rhodes 19.   I knew I
wanted something over 20ft (need comfy space for the family) and saw the
22.... it was pretty much a done deal.

But there was a problem, there was NO bad press about them.  Understanding
that sailboats are not cars and washing machines, I didn't expect TONs, but
there must be something.   Then I came to realize just how special this
boat really is - the history - the community - just wow.  And who doesn't
like exclusive things?! (oh, right; its possible to find parts for mass
produced things)   Anyways, I am here now and ready most of Junes
discussions already - I see the extensive archive on Rhodes22.org (IIRC).

I have been emailing with Stan back and forth over the last weeks and I am
going for a recycled boat.   I don't see why I wouldn't buy one from him? I
have seen some project boats on the private market, but their trailers were
neglected...

My fingers move like wind - so I AM sorry for bending your ear back;)

Best,
Tom

--
Tom Van Heule