[Rhodes22-list] Getting the weight off the tires for winter storage

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:46:39 EDT 2020

Mike, it sounds like you have a good and affordable system in place.
Thanks for sharing about the jack usage as well.  If I had a place to keep
the boat at home so I could keep an eye on it I might have gone for the
tarp approach.  A number of the sailors at the club mentioned how the
covers had helped keep their boat in good shape so I figured I might as
well invest in that approach up front rather than end up like some of the
boats I saw with sterns full of water from ripped tarps and clogged
scuppers.  In my first year of boat ownership (I bought it over July 4th
weekend in 2019), I have really learned the meaning of the BOAT acronym!

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr