[Rhodes22-list] Rudder-Engine Conflicts

Dan Stricof dstricof at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:59:20 EDT 2020

I would recommend using a propeller guard, it should solve the problem
completely without the need to move your motor mount or other more
difficult solutions.  I sometimes launch in shallow water where I cannot
put the rudder down all the way, I dinged my rudder a couple of times. To
solve this issue, I mounted a propeller guard, a simple and effective way
to prevent the prop from damaging the rudder. Attached are two photos of
the stainless steel guard, it also helps protect the prop from getting
tangled with weeds or fishing lines. I have not noticed any significant
negative effect on propulsion. There are several brands available,
including Mac's Prop Saver which is sold by West Marine and elsewhere.

Dan Stricof
Leelanau County, Northern Michigan