[Rhodes22-list] A New Website?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Jul 16 22:51:30 EDT 2020

No one asked me to do this, but as I’ve kind of implied, I’ve been playing around with some HTML (and CSS) to come up with a concept of what a new Rhodes 22 Owners’ Group website might look like.

Before I retired, I spent about 25 years working as a computer programmer, wearing many different hats during that time, but I was never a website developer.  So, this is really an amateur effort at website development.  But, there might be a benefit to that in that I don’t know any tricks of the trade or professional shortcuts.  It is my hope that the work I have done could be expanded on and maintained by other non-professionals.

Or, it could just serve as the basis of further discussion.

I view this mostly as a re-packaging effort, though I’ve created entirely new text for the home page.  I’ve also lightly edited the page with the email list charter, without, I hope, changing the spirit of the contents at all.

What used to be called the FAQ’s (which weren’t questions at all), I’ve renamed ‘Reference Pages’.  I think this information is valuable, and will take some work to convert to a new format.

For anyone who wants to dig beneath the covers, you should be able to get to the HTML by doing something like ’Save Page As…’ .  On the home page, the menu includes an item named ’Style Sheet’, which will display the base CSS code for the website. This is temporary, obviously.

The lovely image on the home page came from Stan.  He posted it on January 12 of this year. He said he thought it should win a contest and I agree.  I’ve cropped and resized it some.  The original (from Stan’s post) is here:  http://rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20200112/2bc71507/attachment.tiff <http://rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20200112/2bc71507/attachment.tiff>

Oh, I’ve almost forgotten…  I’ve uploaded my work to my personal domain, and you can take a look at it here: http://sunnybeeches.com/rhodes22/ <http://sunnybeeches.com/rhodes22/>

Enjoy,

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT