[Rhodes22-list] Does our website need SSL?

Curtis Ruck ruckc at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 17:24:17 EDT 2020

Peter,

I agree with your logic that we shouldn't need TLS certificates... but
given the status of the internet and https is being preferred in google
search results... and Browsers now saying stuff like the attached
screenshot.  I'd argue for adding valid certificates.  It's fairly easy to
add and free with lets encrypt certificates, and they help automate
certificate renewal so it's nearly entirely hands off once you set it up.
I can help if you want, i have quite a few sites out there running lets
encrypt certificates.

[image: image.png]
--
Curtis