[Rhodes22-list] Sea Kayaks, Paddling, & Camping Gear Recovered From Johnson Mini Storage!

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Jul 21 13:13:18 EDT 2020

Chris,

The backwater eddy was upstream of the rapids and protected from it by a little sand spit.  We never had to run the rapids.  By going well to the west and then working my way back east along the Wixom Dam’s earthen embankment, I was able to stay out of the strong current and into the eddy.  I have done quite a bit of whitewater and had scouted the site before attempting this.  No, it was not idiot proof!  My brother-in-law is used to us doing stupid stuff like this together.  He regards it as chapter 1 in the Pictured Rocks Sea Kayaking High Adventure Trip.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone