[Rhodes22-list] Further Explanation Of How We Avoided The Rapids Last Saturday

ROGER PIHLAJA Roger_Pihlaja at msn.com
Thu Jul 23 18:37:36 EDT 2020

Hi All,

I apologize for offering such a poor explanation of how we avoided the class 3 rapids at the ruptured M-30 causeway in our 12 ft Jon boat with only a trolling motor last Saturday.  The attached aerial photo may make it a little more clear.  By coming in well to the west of the rapids and then hugging the Wixom Dam as we moved east, we were able to work our way into a calm spot on the shoreline just upstream of the rapids.  Hopefully, this helps.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D66120.543D0060]