[Rhodes22-list] Further Explanation Of How We Avoided The Rapids Last Saturday

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri Jul 24 01:43:03 EDT 2020

Chris,

Especially on the return trip, heavily laden with gear & towing 2 more boats with only a trolling motor, getting sucked into those rapids would have been the start of a bad day on the water!  My wife won’t let me have that kind of excitement.  😉  You have to believe in yourself, your experience, your equipment, and boat handling skills.  But, there were still several long tense minutes as we pulled away from the Jon Boat Landing Site.  The trolling motor had barely sufficient thrust to push us out of there.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium