[Rhodes22-list] The Goldilocks boat

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Fri Jul 24 09:23:11 EDT 2020

>>I particularly love your signature. Everything BUT the R22 is for sale!
Enjoy the sail and I hope that they sell.

>>Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks! I've had the "big" boat for about 8 years (Nimble 30) but it's
probably only been in the water for parts of 4 or 5 seasons. She lives in
Boston Harbor where I enjoy sailing - midweek, when there aren't so many
powerboat wakes. I also have a place on Cape Cod so I bought the little
boat (ComPac 16) to keep on a mooring down there. During the summer I need
to go down to Cape Cod if I want to see my wife!

Once I decided to downsize from the Nimble I settled on the Rhodes 22 as
the "goldilocks" boat. I wanted something smaller with many of the same
systems but could be launched and hauled from a trailer. In order to get
agreement from my better half to buy the R22 the deal was the other two
needed to go. The good news is I just finished all the projects I needed to
do on the Nimble and it's been listed for sale in numerous places. The bad
news is it's not a great time to sell a boat. Or two!

Now that I'm done working on the Nimble I hope to launch the R22 in the
next few weeks. I recently retired so I'm hoping next summer will
involve less boat maintenance and more sailing!

Mark