[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: Rhoades 22

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:06:33 EDT 2020

Hey Guys,
               I lost a mast a long time ago and along with it both forward
chainplates.  The boat was rolled over in shallow water then lifted up like
a pole vault with the mast quickly sliding into the soft bottom of Poplar
Island pot.  (a tornado will do that to a boat).  Amazingly the mast and
rigging was OK until the Coast Guard decided to right the boat by tying a
towline and then applying full power, that is what did the damage.  Anyway,
I fiberglassed and gelcoated the damaged areas and then mounted the
chainplates using an inverted "T" constructed chainplate mounted on the
cabin side, thru bolting and backing it.  Worked fine for the next 18 years.

By the way Richard,
                            What were you doing in the Bahamas?  On your
boat?  Where did you go?

Chris Geankoplis
S/V Enosis