[Rhodes22-list] Repair of Spider Cracks at Mast Step Tabernacle

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Wed Jul 29 12:11:20 EDT 2020

I think you are right on all of these points. That said I would not use
dowel for the reasons others have mentioned. Epoxy encased wood slivers
would not rot and would make it easier to remove the screws if necessary. If
the hole is completely filled and the screw is centered in the epoxy you
should not need to worry about water getting in.
Using the wood slivers would make the drilling easier if the epoxy is
completely cured. As mentioned before I prefer to drill and insert the
screws when the epoxy is hard but not completely cured.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario