[Rhodes22-list] outboard shifter lever extension

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon Jun 1 09:28:17 EDT 2020

S/V Dynamic Equilibrium has a single lever Honda remote motor control.  I located it on the port side gunnel in a location where my sons, then 6 and 3 years old, could stand on the cockpit seat, hold the tiller in their right hand, and the engine controls in their left.  A single lever engine control is really intuitive to use, push the lever forward to go forward and pull it back to go in reverse.  Even my sons could stand on the seat, be able to see over the cabin doghouse, and have total control.  It spoils you for other boats real fast!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium