[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Askew

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Jun 1 16:30:23 EDT 2020

Roger,

Sorry to be slow to respond, but my new drone (Mavic Mini) arrived yesterday, so I’ve been a bit distracted.  Also, it’s a busy time of year in the vegetable garden.

None the less, I did manage to measure and find a center point near the top of the transom, and then estimate a line connecting this point to the center point at the bottom of the transom.  I say ‘estimate’, because transitioning this line over the rub rail required some eye-balling.

The center-to-center line diverges to starboard of the line that is vertical from the bottom center of the transom according to my level.  At the upper gudgeon, the divergence is just under 1/8”.

I’m not sure what to do with this information.

—Peter