[Rhodes22-list] Sail batten

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jun 2 16:53:09 EDT 2020

Mike,

Defender is currently running a sale on batten materials.  Check out the components at::
https://www.defender.com/search.html?q=Sai085A

You can cut the poly fiberglass to exact length.  Don't forget to order the end caps.
Cost should be about $20.

To prevent the battens from shooting out of the pocket (there should be an elastic tensioner in the inside end of the pocket), sew a portion of the pocket opening closed so that you can just insert the batten and then push it into the closed part. This secures the batten much more than just the velcro faster.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)