[Rhodes22-list] Motor Mount

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jun 2 17:40:23 EDT 2020

Ric,

I'm not sure what you are looking to build in the way of a motor mount.

I searched the archives and found a photo of an GB design on Roger's Rhodes from a 2019 post at:
http://rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20190526/bf33e9c5/attachment.jpg
and
http://rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20190526/97a8a159/attachment.jpeg
Maybe Stan can ship you one.

Way back in 2007, Jay Bulfer nearly lost his motor while trying to beat out a storm. s/v Just Bent's engine mount had failed. He provided the attached drawing and reconstructed the mount using stainless steel (he is a metal fabricator at jbtek.com).

My GB motor mount looks a lot like yours with the exception of the wood (see photos added at the end of the message).

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)