[Rhodes22-list] Problem with furler

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Wed Jun 10 08:50:04 EDT 2020

Allyn,
Glad to hear you made progress with your furler.  I'd put a new one on your Christmas list.  Maybe Santa will bring you one this year.  He brought me a new one a couple of years ago and this year he brought me a new main.

I'm not sure there are any bearings in the main.  I've got to install my new main later on this week so I'll let you know what I find.  I know there are some things you can do to make it furl easier.  I believe a good dose of Sailkote in on the furling mechanism and the slot in the boom are good places to start.

Did you get your frayed line figured out?

Rob