[Rhodes22-list] Rob Lowes advice

stan stan at generalboats.com
Wed Jun 10 16:19:24 EDT 2020

This is the captain speaking:

Of course seaman Lowe is correct when he says you want the sail coming
out of its mast slot as  cleanly as it can.  The way to do that is to be
into the wind so the boom is modestly off to starboard. BUT, a more
telling issue is (I know when I interject this kind of nautical fact it
ruffles a few feathers, so I generally don't, but I am in a good mood
today.)  IMF sails should be obtained from the GB parts site
www.rhodes22parts.com  because the GB IMF sallysail main is a
proprietary cut designed to function with the GB IMF furling system
(which, incidentally. has self lubricating bearings.   If a GB IMF main
is not working, something is being done wrong or some part has failed.
Either case can be remedied.  Putting a downward pressure on the boom is
not one of them.