[Rhodes22-list] installation of inline check valve for cockpit drain

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:09:04 EDT 2020

I realized that I said I would report back on this project.  This solution
turns out to have worked well for my boat.  Water readily drains from the
cockpit but doesn't come back up through when stern heavy, as is the case
when having multiple passengers in the cockpit.  As Graham pointed out in
this thread, this may not be a good idea if you're in an area that puts you
at risk for following seas coming over the stern since the draining rate is
reduced compared to a straight hose connection with no check valve.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr