[Rhodes22-list] steaming light

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sat Jun 20 21:24:05 EDT 2020

Jesse,

Regarding your question about accessing the wires behind the switch panel…

It’s been several years since I first disassembled that area.  I can clearly recall wondering how to get access to the wiring behind the panel.  Like you, I removed the screws holding the panel in place, and attempted to pull it out to get to the wires.  There didn’t seem to be enough slack in the wires.  I disassembled some other parts of the galley, but nothing was getting me closer to those hidden wires.  I finally came to the conclusion that the only way the panel could have been installed was that wiring connections were made with the panel removed, and then the panel was pushed into place and attached.  Therefore, it must be that the panel could be removed by reversing the process. So I just pulled harder on the panel, and it came out far enough that I could detach the wires from the back side.

That’s how I remember it, anyway.

But that would only get you so far.  If you want to run a new wire into that area behind the panel, from my experience I’d say that there’s no option but to disassemble the entire galley.

Best of Luck,

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)