[Rhodes22-list] T767 SCUBA High Adventure Trip Open Water Certification Dives

Roger Pihlaja Home Roger_Pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Jun 28 15:31:33 EDT 2020

Hank,

We worked with a local SCUBA diving outfitter that I’ve used before.  Because it was for the Boy Scouts, he gave us a tremendous package deal on the lessons, personal gear, and dive charter.  We were able to offer 4 days of shipwreck diving in the Straits of Mackinac (tip of the “mitten” where Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet) for ~1/4 the cost of a trip to the BSA’s Florida Seabase.  Plus, no waiting list!  I’ve been to Philmont, the Northern Tier, and the Florida Seabase (although it was for sailing, not SCUBA).  I find the BSA High Adventure Bases to be expensive for what they offer and you often have to make reservations 2 years in advance.

I got my original SCUBA certification in the Virgin Islands, MUCH warmer water!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPad