[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Mon Jun 29 14:40:27 EDT 2020

Cary
Your's is similar to the mount I have on my 84
Mine is made of a ‘U’ Aluminum extrusion much thinner than what I see on yours - i think they are 1/8” or less.
At the top, the extrusions have been stressed and the mounts is beginning to pull out of the rails.
My aluminum rails have no visible hardware because they are attached from the inside of the transom with screws assumably threaded into the extrusion and perhaps the 1/2 continuous Delrin sliders set into the extrusions.
I must either replace the rails or reinforce them.
Maybe I am seeing that reinforcement on your rig.
I would like the rails to extend to the top of the transom so the ‘tilt’ operation for the motor is not required or is just one click.

BTW
The mounting block - in my case, laminated plywood- broke off on launching this springl and my 8hp Yamaha went in the drink. (I had not attached the chain yet)
The root of all this.
Ric
sv Dadventure
HBNY