[Rhodes22-list] Two unrelated questions

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Jun 30 09:16:45 EDT 2020

Jim,
Seems like wiring on the Rhodes is a challenge.  On my boat, none of the wiring is consistent or up to any standards.  I don't know if my wiring is factory or PO done.  Since my interior was redone, I expect a bit of both. The only wiring diagram I've ever seen is the one Chris Cowie did in his sketchbook, which was recently posted.  Since every boat is a bit different than the rest, I would not expect to find a standard wiring diagram.  You best bet is to tackle each circuit at a time.  In my experience, it seems the ground wire for a particular circuit gets corroded and won't make contact.  Do you have a volt meter?  It's really hard to work without one.  I've had success taking the switches and fuse holders apart and cleaning them.  I pull wires off the connectors, clean them, and reconnect them.  None of my connectors are covered with heat shrink tubing and are very susceptible to corrosion.  On my circuit breaker panel, the negative wire was so corroded the whole panel would not work until I cleaned it.  Good luck!  - rob