[Rhodes22-list] dinghy selection

Mike Riter mike at traildesign.com
Mon Mar 2 14:31:41 EST 2020

When I got my Mariner 4 I was surprised at the small size of the box it
came in. In my head I was saying it will never be that small again. It
comes with a carrying bag and despite all the bad reviews about it, I've
never had a problem with it. I don't break down the oars, but the boat does
fit into the carry bag just fine making it about 2.5' on the sides and
about a foot tall. Mine lives in the bag in the v-berth on the Rhodes. Set
up and take down with the manual pump takes about 10 minutes once you've
done it a time or two. It does have four separate chambers and if you have
any hope of getting it back in the storage bag you do have to pump out all
the air. After that, tri-fold into the middle length wise and then fold end
for end. I did add a strap around the middle to hold it folded up while I
shoved it in the bag.

Mike Riter
SV Emma B